Kagoshima University

Application for Re-entry Permit(Temporary Leave from Japan)

HOME>Application for Re-entry Permit(Temporary Leave from Japan)

Application for Re-entry Permit(Temporary Leave from Japan)

●Special Re-entry Permit
・When you return to your country temporarily during a long holiday
・When you travel abroad
・When you attend an academic conference in a foreign country to present your research results

When you temporarily visit your country or any other countries while studying at Kagoshima University, you will, in principle, not be required to apply for a re-entry permit as long as you will be reentering Japan within 1 year of your departure to continue your activities in Japan (*2) .

Be sure to present your resident card (*1) at departure.

Foreign nationals who have departed from Japan on a special re-entry permit will not be able to extend that permit while abroad. Please note that such foreign nationals will lose their resident status if they fail to re-enter Japan within 1 year of their departure (*2).

(*1) The special re-entry permit system also applies to those in possession of a passport stating "A resident card is to be issued later", or an alien registration certificate deemed to be equivalent to the resident card.

(*2) If your period of stay expires within 1 year after your departure, please ensure that you re-enter Japan before the expiration of your period of stay.

●Re-entry Permit
If you will be leaving and reentering Japan after 1 year from your departure, you must apply for re-entry permit to the Kagoshima Regional Immigration Office before leaving Japan. If you depart Japan without the permit, you will have to newly obtain visa to reenter Japan.


Necessary Documents Where to Obtain
①Application form for Re-entry Permit <PDF><Excel>(also available at the International Student Office)
③Residence card  
④Certificate of enrollment Automatic issuance machine
For Research Studnets and Exchange Studnets, please refer to the Student Office of your faculty/graduate school.
⑤Fee: 3,000 yen for single permit
     6,000 yen for multiple permit
(Payment must be made with revenue stamps.)
can be purchased on the ground floor of the Immigration Office building, at a convenience store, or at a post office